Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat!

Christmas Tree 1

Okay, so I've never actually eaten goose at Christmas, but this was my sister's and my favourite Christmas carol to sing while putting up the tree.

I'm still amazed we managed to get our tree up on December 1st this year!  Or rather, my husband put it up and did the decorating while I whipped up a tree skirt.  The poor tree had a naked base for five Christmases until now.

Christmas Tree 3

Just a basic design from an old Simplicity pattern in Mum's stash- I did eight different segments in red and white prints with ricrac trim.  There are some pretty screenprinted Saffron Craig fabrics in there, bought here.

I almost can't believe I actually let my husband do the decorating- usually I am highly obsessional about this, and spend a lot of time rearranging ornaments throughout December.  But it was good to just let go- and he did a fantastic job!

Christmas Tree 2

I love that ornaments I would normally relegate to the back of the tree (such as ones I made as a kid), he has put right up front!  It's great to see what he thinks are the 'special' ones.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for dropping by my blog...dont tell anyone but we havent put up our tree yet!! lol

    yvy @ mistyeiz

    ReplyDelete