Sunday, April 28, 2013

KCW, Days 5 & 6

Day 5: Slept early without sewing (again!).

Day 6: Another late night to make Miss S's new favourite dress, worn today. A pretty, pastel dream of a dress for our girlie girl.

Ice Cream Dress

Pattern:
Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress.  Size 4 to fit well next summer.  Great pattern which I have made once before here- that version was very well loved.

Fabric:
Liberty Tana Lawn for mid section- it took 40cm (of wide width, 135cm or so).  From Gardams a few years ago; I think the print is Poppy and Daisy.

Pink gingham from The Fabric Store- beautiful shirting similar in feel to the Liberty.  S loves this one- she has been taking this fabric from the stash and using it for dolls' picnics for some time.

Liberty Ice Cream back

Sewing:
Straightforward the second time around.  After putting on the pockets, I said to my husband 'I've lost my mojo' (no response as he was asleep!), but I decided to do just a bit more, and then it seemed so close to finished, I just kept going.  Soon (well at 3am), I had this pretty little dress!


Liberty Ice Cream front

I do love being able to go out as a family on the weekend and having one of the kids in something I just made the previous night.


Posing in Ice Cream dress

I also love that she loves it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment